Caregiver Cover Letter
This letter is in reference to your advertisement about the opening for a caregiver. I have always admired your organization for the selfless service you provide to patients and elderly people. Getting an opportunity to be a part of your noble organization would be a matter of great pride for me.
I have been working as a caregiver for the past 8 years, on a freelance basis. I have worked in hospitals, assisted living centre and in homes as a private caregiver. Based on your specific requirements for the job, following are my key qualifications and skills:
- Over 8 years experience as caregiver
- Adept at assisting clients in activities of daily living
- In-depth knowledge of providing personal grooming services such as skin care, hair, nails and oral care for patients and elderly
- Well-trained in monitoring blood pressure, checking pulse, temperature and respiration
- Demonstrated ability to encourage activities in keeping with the client’s needs and capabilities
- Skilled at preparing nutritious meals and customized diet plans for each client
- Thorough knowledge of first aid and emergency procedures
- Expertise in homemaking activities such as vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, changing bed linens and laundry
In addition to the above skills, my communication skills and ability to connect with people allows me to develop a special bond with my clients. I am non-smoker and in perfect health. I can work for long hours without feeling restless or exhausted.
I regularly attend workshops on patient care and routine medical care. I am very passionate about my job and love to help patients and elderly lead a better life. I would welcome the opportunity for a personal interview to discuss further my qualifications and abilities.