Pro-active and results-oriented with broad experience in all aspects of accounting and financial management. Well disciplined with proven ability to manage multiple assignments efficiently under extreme pressure while meeting tight deadline schedules. Demonstrated hands-on management style in the development and implementation of strategic plans to ensure company growth. Effectively communicates direction, commits people to action, and convey complex information in easily understood formats.
Win-holt Equipment Corporation – Syosset, New York (5/2007-8/2010)
Overall authority for the financial operation of the organization, budget preparation and administration, audit, monthly closing of books of record, account reconciliation, and journal entry adjustments. Prepared monthly in-house/sales representative commission and vendor rebates. Other responsibilities include managing A/P, A/R. Maintained the fixed asset of the company thru SAGE FAS. Prepare daily cash reporting for cash management with bank representative. Supervised staff of 6.
- Slashed collection from 30 to 15 days by implementing several new customer payment methods.
- Implemented regular weekly meetings with A/P, A/R, Purchasing and Operations to address problem areas, review current projects and progress made on old projects.
- Put procedures and controls in place to stop incorrect processing of information, and create a disciplined accounting department.
- Coordinated year-end review with bank auditors and independent accountants.
- Coordinated inventory cost roll-up with Purchasing Director & IT Coordinator.
HUB Personal Lines Insurance Limited – Woodbury, New York (6/2006-5/2007)
Coordinated monthly close, including financial statement preparation, variance analysis and reporting to both parent company and four branch offices. Reconciled inter-company accounts. Prepared annual budget with input with branch operating managers. Directly oversaw a staff of 4.
- Coordinated year-end review with independent accountants.
Savoy Medical Supply Incorporated – Hauppauge, New York (3/2004-6/2006)
Oversaw and controlled all financial functions of this family-owned company with annual sales of 12 million. Prepared financial statements, annual budget, processed payroll, and sales tax. Supervised, directed and supported an Administrative Department, staff of 3 responsible for accounting. Maintained and updated personnel files.
- Implemented timely month and year-end closing.
- Coordinated year-end review with independent auditors.
GemcoWare Incorporated – Hauppauge, New York (9/1999-3/2004)
Directed all areas of financial reporting from review of original account entry to budget preparation and analysis. Handled the sales/use tax of the company. Prepared daily cash reporting for cash management with bank representative. Initiated both domestic and international wire transfer. Responsible in managing A/P, A//R. Maintained and updated personnel files including wage and salary information, performance reviews, employment regulation compliance, payroll processing, and employee benefit program administration.
- Coordinated year-end physical inventory reducing time from 1 week to 3 days.
- Reviewed business insurance coverage, obtained appropriate coverage.
- Initiated the use of credit cards to reduce costs associated with collections and minimize interest-carrying cost.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, and Bachelor of Arts – University of Santo Tomas