A versatile, analytical and hard-working manager with a practical hands-on approach, who always strives to achieve the best result. Able to collect and analyze information, digest facts/figures and quickly grasp complex issues. Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills and swiftly identifies the root of any problem and develops an effective solution. Proven ability to manage and complete projects to the highest standard with a meticulous attention to detail and within agreed deadlines.
- Successfully completed an 11-week project in 9 weeks; this saved both J. Hage Construction and the owner substantial money by allowing the store to open early for business.
- Worked side-by-side with FBI, NYPD, FDNY and Port Authority offices on the World Trade Center cleanup at the Fresh Kills Landfill on Staten Island, New York; assisted in completing the project in just over 10 months, roughly 14 months ahead of projected completion date, giving the families and friends of the victims closure.
- Advised on crucial route audits and progression reports to maximize efficiency with drivers and clients; helped raise awareness of the importance of recycling to commercial and residential clients.
- Started as a temporary Customer Service Representative at Waste Management and rose among the ranks to Site Manager while learning all aspects of the refuse and recycling industry.
- Developed and built good relationships with owners, architects and subcontractors at all levels, which led to improved cooperation and reduced the possibilities of any setback.
Premier Contracting Company, LLC, Richfield, MN January 2009 – Present
- Deal with all financial aspects of company.
- Bid interior and exterior remodeling projects in the Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin areas.
- Meet with potential and current clients to review projects.
- Negotiate bids with subcontractors.
- Schedule projects from beginning to completion.
- Perform carpentry, framing, flooring and painting on projects.
Rinnovare, Inc., St. Paul, MN March 2008 – August 2008
- Bidding projects to homeowners by visiting jobsites and drawing up plans to fit the customer’s wants and needs while staying within budget.
- Performing take-offs from plans drawn up by Rinnovare, Inc., or architects.
- Built relationships with past and potential customers. Rinnovare, Inc., success is based on referrals, especially repeat customers.
- Negotiating bids with subcontractors.
- Scheduling and coordinating stages of projects.
J. Hage Construction, LLC, Lakeville, MN. December 2006 – February 2008
- Bid tenant build-out projects throughout the United States by contacting subcontractors.
- Negotiated proposals to attain better bid results.
- Managed projects from conception to completion by setting schedules and overseeing all aspects of the project.
- Traveled to project sites regularly to meet with jobsite superintendents, owners, architects, city inspectors, mall officials and subcontractors.
- Developed good relationships bCFOy staying in constant contact with jobsite superintendents, owners and architects to make sure that the project ran smoothly.
Cobra Construction, Vadnais Heights, MN. May 2006 – November 2006
- Bid projects by accepting proposals from subcontractors and performing own take-off estimates.
- Presented the final bids and company services to the architect and/or owners for approval.
- Ordered shop drawings from all trades to attain approvals from the architects.
Century Concrete Sawing, Inc. South St. Paul, MN March 2004 – December 2005
General Manager/Project Manager
- Managed day-to-day operations of the concrete sawing company.
- Estimated projects by bidding/budgeting by means of proposals, meeting with contractors, purchasing equipment/supplies and scheduling.
- Presented the final bids and company services to the general contractors and/or owners.
- Ensured all deadlines were met; this required excellent database management skills.
- Completed all necessary AIA documentation such as applications for payment and change orders; this was achieved by completing all accounts payable, accounts receivable and time card issues on a weekly basis.
Freier’s Electric & Heating, Ellsworth, WI August 2002 – March 2004
- Bid electrical, HVAC, hydronic in-floor heat and fireplace projects for contractors and customers; these bids were taken from floor plans, phone conversations or by visiting job sites.
- Worked the city desk to sell fireplaces, electrical and heating services.
- Coordinated jobs by scheduling workers, purchasing equipment, billing for rough-in/final counts and by staying in constant contact with the owner.
- Managed all warehouse activity including inventory, purchasing, selling and organizing.
Kieger Enterprises, Inc., Lino Lakes, MN February 2001 – August 2002
- Managed four divisions: roll-off, lawn maintenance, snow removal and routine sweeping; this included managing up to 27 employees on a daily basis.
- Monitored employees to ensure all DOT and OSHA regulations were followed correctly on a daily basis.
- Became a night dispatcher for emergency and daily services; while continuing to manage four divisions.
- Last assignment: nine months working in New York on the World Trade Center Cleanup.
Waste Management May 1995 – February 2001
Site Supervisor – District Manager
- Worked way up from Customer Service Representative to District Manager.
- Managed industrial, commercial and residential refuse and recycling routes.
- Led monthly safety meetings and dealt with DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Handled all employee hours, productivity reports and customer complaints.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin – River Falls