Highly organized Paralegal with extensive office client interface and legal document development experience. Experienced in in Wills and Estate, Incorporation, Litigation and Real Estate with over twenty years proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment through advanced multi-tasking skills and critical thinking in a highly organized, efficient and precise manner.
Rojas & Butcher, P.L Fort Myers, Florida (February 2010 to May 2011)
- Supported a team of three attorneys with generating and filing of pleadings, motions and various court documents.
- Prepared witness, discovery, pleading, trial and exhibit binders for oral argument and depositions.
- Managed and organized all aspects of corporate and LLC based legal transactions coordinating document flow and logistical preparation for complex legal transactional closings.
- Drafted, organized and reviewed transactional documents including real estate, corporate minutes, consents, UCC filings, name change, DBAÆs, entity formation and dissolution documents.
Century 21 Sunbelt Realty Cape Coral, Florida (August 2009 to December 2009)
- Retained and ensured proper handling and care of 150 residential properties for existing and new client accounts regarding involving property management on foreclosed homes.
- Developed spreadsheets to track bi-monthly billings, client proposals, contracts, subcontracts and subcontractor licenses.
- Took daily inbound calls and faxes, backorders and credit memos for assigned accounts and clients.
- Maintained records related to sales.
Riker Danzig New York, New York (June 2008 to September 2008)
- Assisted in all areas of administrative work including data entry, receptionist duties, file organization, research and development.
- Accurately utilized Redline format to draft and review pleadings, motions and various court documents.
- Supported a team of attorneys form the New York and New Jersey offices with generating and filing of pleadings, motions and various court documents.
Resources USA New York, New York (November 2007 to May 2008)
- Monitored multiple databases to keep track of all company lease properties.
- Worked directly with In-house Legal Department, and management to achieve ten year projections for analysis to submit for appropriate distribution.
- Supported Director with daily operational functions.
- Researched and updated all required materials needed for firm.
- Reviewed and provided comments on the adequacy of documents and took necessary
steps to cure any deficiencies.
Henry Schein, Inc Melville, New York (March 2007 to April 2007)
- Strictly followed all federal and state guidelines for release of information.
- Monitored shared email in-boxes and ensured inquiries were addressed.
- Provided administrative support for the In-House Legal Department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations by appropriately handling patient information.
- Interacted with providers and other medical professionals regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures and regulations.
- Responded to correspondence from law enforcement, law firms and insurance companies.
- Communicated with law enforcement regarding patient medical records.
- Meticulously identified and rectified inconsistencies, deficiencies and discrepancies in medical documentation.
T-Mobile, Great River Long Island, New York (January 2007 to February 2007)
- Maintained records related to leased properties utilized for telecommunication.
- Prepared reports and leases.
- Communicated regularly with territory, regional and strategic managers for daily support and strategic planning for accounts.
San Francisco State University San Francisco, Ca
B.A. Criminal Justice with a Concentration in International Relations
- Court policies/programs
- Legal correspondence preparation
- Transcribing/finalizing pleadings
- Legal/non-legal research
- Legal administrative support
- Business negotiation
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Diverse Knowledge of Law
- Internet research
- Commercial law
- Wills and Trusts