PHR Certification through HRCI
Mountain States Employers Council – Denver, Colorado
Human Resources Generalist Certificate
University of Maine – Augusta, Maine
B.S. Business Administration
August 2007 – Present – Bank of the West, Denver, CO
Human Resources Specialist
- HR Generalist role responsible for the communication, administration and coordination of human resources programs for assigned Rocky Mountain Region employees. Implement, communicate and administer established policies/procedures in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, compensation, training and benefits for assigned region employees. Handling issues of moderate complexity.
- Ensure human resource practices comply with bank policy. Interpreting and communicating human resources policies. Advise on individual circumstances.
- Ensure that the bank adheres to state and federal regulations (i.e., EEO/Affirmative Action, FLSA, etc.). Communicate compliance changes to management as needed and maintaining knowledge of federal and state regulatory changes.
- Assist in the mediation and resolution of employee and management disputes.
- Represent the interests of the employees, managers and the bank to provide fair, consistent and equitable solutions for employee relation issues. Assist with advice on disciplinary issues. Review documentation to ensure clear communication and adherence to bank policy.
- Assist managers in recruiting qualified individuals for available positions. Screens applications/resumes and refers qualified candidates to hiring manager. Assist manager with interviewing process.
- Pursue Affirmative Action goals through recruitment and communication of guidelines to hiring managers. Communicate open positions within the company. Disseminate job announcements to community interest groups. Monitor applicant flow activity.
- Assist with the salary structure program for client group(s). Ensures merit/promotional increases are within guidelines and adequate documentation is provided. Assist managers in resolving salary administration issues.
- Assist with providing policy information to employees on benefit programs (i.e., sick leave disability, retirement, medical/dental coverage, leave of absence, worker’s compensation, etc.). Interpret and communicate Federal and State Medical Leave Acts.
- Assist in establishing plans for development of high potential employees. Provide career counseling at manager’s request.
- Coordinate and/or participates in trauma counseling meetings as needed.
- Conduct training workshops on human resource policies and legal/federal/state regulatory issues. Compile materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationship with client group(s). Serve as confidential advisor on human resource issues. Encourage open communication to employees.
- Update, run and distribute FTE and open positions reports.
- Assist with aspects of region recruitment, employment and outreach programs.
January 2004 – July 2007 – United Agri Products, Inc.; Greeley, CO
Human Resource Administrator
- Responsible for the support, administration and coordination of human resources programs for a large division of 1200+ employees. Implement, communicate and administer established policies/procedures in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, compensation, training and benefits for division. Handling issues of moderate complexity.
- HR support for manufacturer of crop and non-crop inputs for a large division, 3 manufacturing facilities, and the corporate office with an employee base of 1000+
August 2000 to March 2003 – American Medical Response, Evansville, IN & Denver, CO
Operations Assistant & Risk Representative
- Human Resource functions & support for location in Evansville with 100+ employees; Workers’ Compensation and Risk at Corporate office in Denver, CO. – South Central Region 700+ employees