Versatile, high-energy Human Resources Generalist with 19 years experience leading corporations through change and challenge by implementing strategic planning, establishing direction, and executing initiatives in support of business objectives and corporate goals. Strategic problem-solver who drives HR initiatives to realize bottom-line results and enhance employee engagement in the pursuit of organizational objectives. Employee advocate who champions staff confidence and designs strategies to attract and retain critical talent in highly competitive business markets. Skilled in acquiring exceptional talent with an aptitude for producing successful performance management through valuable training and leadership coaching.
Calpac Pizza, LLC, Fresno, CA (2011 – Present)
Human Resources Manager
Collaborated with Executive Team of a Pizza Hut Franchise, in a temporary position, during consideration of acquisition of California Pizza, LLC. Assisted in terminating, hiring, and transferring more than 500 employees upon successful acquisition. Worked diligently with Executive Team and Store Operations Team to ensure mutual commitment and dedication to the acquisition process and assisted in a smooth transition.
- Strengthened company’s presence while driving improved recruiting approaches designed to retain key managers.
- Developed strategic recruitment plan to hire Restaurant General Managers not offered positions with new Franchise and teamed with Benefits Manager to analyze and design new benefit plans for new Franchise.
- Played integral role in building synergy with store employees and new Leadership Team.
- Collaborated with HR Director to create Management and Team Member Handbooks that supported business objectives and initiatives.
California Pizza, LLC, Fresno, CA (2007 – 2011)
Human Resources Manager/Strategic Business Partner
Worked closely with Restaurant Operations Team to successfully restructure role of HR Manager to strategic business partner, assisting in development and execution of evolving strategies designed to fulfill business objectives. Originated and led HR practices and objectives to provide employee-oriented, high-performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, goal attainment, recruitment, and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Saved company $35K annually by decreasing workers’ compensation MOD rate from 1.05 to 0.79.
- Envisioned smart solutions and executed strategies to decrease legal expenses by $50K by reducing reliance on legal counsel to resolve claims.
- Fully accountable for increase of management retention by 34% and team member retention by 74%, realizing cost savings of $200K annually.
- Provided management training to create more meaningful and productive performance management, corrective actions, and discipline/discharge procedures.
- Chaired Safety Committee, designing complete safety program and providing training for management teams.
Genuine Parts Company, Fontana, CA (2004 – 2007)
District Recruiting & Training Manager
Progressive record of positions leading the integration and administration of HR best practices to strengthen and effectively drive HR contributions across the enterprise. Aggressively pursued innovative full-cycle recruitment strategies to hire top talent for all positions in 30 NAPA stores while maintaining a competitive edge in talent acquisition covering Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and LA Counties.
- Provided coaching and guidance to management and assisted in the development and execution of special programs designed to reduce turnover while improving morale and teamwork.
- Built and maintained a pool of qualified, ready-for-hire candidates to quickly fill key positions as warranted.
- Strengthened employee engagement, performance, and productivity by working in stores through job shadowing in an effort to build camaraderie, foster stronger teamwork, and break down performance barriers.
Genuine Parts Company, Atlanta, GA (2000 – 2004)
Corporate Human Resources Manager
Earned merited promotion based on strong performance, productivity improvements, and structured implementation of corporate policies. Supported corporate culture by applying expert skills in employee relations, recruitment and retention, organizational development, performance management, succession planning, policies development and implementation, workplace initiatives, and inclusion and diversity. Provided HR management to a location with 200 employees while reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources.
- Hand-selected by Senior Vice President of HR and promoted to Corporate HR Manager among 58 highly qualified candidates throughout the United States to significantly exceed expectations.
- Successfully represented company during OFCCP on-site investigations and desk audits for numerous US locations, resulting in no penalties over a four year period.
- Provided project management and directional support of fundraising campaigns to raise more than $1M annually for charitable organizations.
- Implemented a comprehensive talent management process to link the selection, performance management and development of candidates to appropriate competencies and success measurements.
Genuine Parts Company, Fresno, CA (1992 – 2000)
Human Resources Manager
Held full accountability for HR management of nine NAPA Auto Parts stores while overseeing the daily operations of the HR department located at the Distribution Center with responsibility for staffing, performance management, employee relations, benefits administration, and safety. Implemented organizational policies and procedures while complying with local, state, and federal laws. Managed payroll for more than 300 employees.
- Directed the Affirmative Action Program which resulted in no adverse impact of personnel activities including applicant/new hires, promotions, transfers, demotions, and terminations during numerous OFCCP desk audits and on-site investigations.
- Aligned individual objectives with corporate priorities through the development of a performance management system and employee recognition program that resulted in increased productivity and employee retention.
College of the Sequoias, Visalia, California – Associates Degree