Summary Of Qualifications / Accomplishments
- 20 years culinary experience in face-paced, high volume, full service environments
- Menu/meal preparation for several large corporate and government events – 500+ guests
- Financial/Operations – Maximized sales while effectively managing costs (controlled costs, inventory and labor)
- Health/Safety Compliance – Maintained standards related to all environmental and health board requirements related to the preparation and service of food and beverage.
- Team player with proven leadership skills – Talent acquisition, supervision and training – inspiring others to excellence in food preparation
- Assisted with the opening of four new restaurants
Soboba Springs Country Club – San Jacinto, CA 2008 – Present
Responsible for culinary operations for the Mazestone Restaurant with a capacity of 400 guests (individual & banquet style dining), which include high volume line cooking, product presentation, menu creation/costing and implementation, cost control and purchasing support (including inventory and auditing food storeroom items), and assisting with staff supervision (6 employees) while maintaining the cleanliness/organization, safety and sanitation of all culinary areas.
Treasure Bay Casino – Biloxi, MS 2006 – 2008
Managed the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the casino’s restaurant with a capacity of 300 guests. Assisted Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus. Responsible for cost control and purchasing support. Assumed the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his absence.
Energy Catering – Morgan City, LA 2005 – 2006
Planned and managed kitchen staff in the procurement (including auditing of food storeroom items), production, preparation and presentation of all food on an off-shore oil platform serving 300 employees (3 meals daily). Interviewed, hired, supervised and trained all kitchen staff.
Boomtown Casino – Biloxi, MS 2003 – 2005
Supported the preparation and presentation of all food for the casino’s restaurant having a capacity of 500 guests. Created and implemented seasonal and special menus. Assumed the responsibilities of the Executive Chef as needed.
Gulfport Job Corp – Gulfport, MS 2000 – 2003
Food Service Supervisor
Managed daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the casino’s restaurant having a capacity of 500 guests. Along with inventory and food audit responsibilities, monitored and analyzed all labor and food costs ensuring budgets were met while maintaining product quality. Created and implemented seasonal and special menus. Assumed the responsibilities of the Executive Chef as needed.
Jubilee Bayou Caddy Casino – Waveland, MS 1993 – 1997
Carson Valley Inn – Carson City, NV 1990 – 1992
Edgewater Hyatt – Long Beach, CA 1988 – 1990
University of Southern Mississippi
Diploma (BS – Double Major) Dietetics & Nutrition
Culinary School of California – San Francisco, CA
Certificate, Culinary Arts
Gulf Coast Community College
Diploma (AS) – Food Service Management