Servers are individuals who deliver food and beverages in restaurants or other dining establishments. They are also referred to as waiters and waitresses. The specific duties of servers will be contingent upon the kind of restaurant they work in. Some of the roles and responsibilities may include:
- greeting, seating and interacting with customers
- setting tables
- preparing drinks
- relaying orders and delivering food
While some high-end eating establishments prefer servers who hold a high school diploma, there are no formal educational requirements that you must complete in order to work in the field. If you have already obtained your high school diploma, another step you can take to increase your marketability within the field is gaining experiences. In many cases, smaller establishments will hire teenagers to work as bussers, hostesses, or dishwashers. The more experience you attain within the restaurant industry, the better.
Employment for servers is expected to grow at a rate of 3% between the years of 2014 and 2024. This is slower than the national average for all vocations. However, opportunities to attain a job are expected to be great given that many workers leave their positions every year. Individuals who seek employment in high-end restaurants may face strong competition for positions.
Servers earn an average annual salary of $19,250 each year. This translates into $9.25 per hour. However, it’s important to note that several factors can impact the salary that a server attains. Some of those factors include experience, level of education, and location. Another factor that can impact job earnings is the employer.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Waiters and Waitresses
- Study.com: Waiter and Waitress Career Information
- Snagajob: Server Job Description
Server Resume Example
5 & Diner Phoenix, Arizona October 2012 to June 2016
- Picked up tables for other servers when rush got too bad
- Trained all new incoming servers.
- Delivered exceptional service by greeting and serving customers in a timely, friendly manner.
- Routinely supported other areas of the restaurant as requested, including answering telephones and completing financial transactions for other staff.
- Addressed diner complaints with kitchen staff and served replacement menu items promptly.
- Quickly recorded transactions in MICROS system to deliver prompt service.
Blue Fig Scottsdale, Arizona January 2007 to October 2012
- Provided optimal customer service in fast paced environment with a personable attitude while multitasking and effectively communicating with patrons and coworkers.
- Increase average transaction value and company profitability through the upsell of additional items, including beverages, alcoholic drinks, and desserts
- Answered questions about menu selections and made recommendations when requested.
- Managed closing duties, including restocking items and reconciliation of the cash drawer.
Left at Albuquerque Santa Barbara, California June 2003 to December 2006
- Paired food with multiple types of tequila the restaurant was known for.
- Skillfully anticipated and addressed guests’ service needs.
- Consistently adhered to quality expectations and standards.
- Guided guests through menus while demonstrating thorough knowledge of the food, beverages and ingredients.
- Accurately recorded orders and partnered with team members to serve food and beverages that exceeded guests’ expectations.
- Occasionally bar backed when needed.
Hyatt at Gainey Ranch Scottsdale, Arizona January 2000 to November 2002
- Bussed tables, then worked way up to server.
- Precisely described menu items and special offerings and appropriately identified wine pairings.
- Inquired about guest satisfaction, anticipated additional needs and happily fulfilled requests.
- Received frequent customer compliments for going above and beyond normal duties.
- Maintained complete knowledge of restaurant menu, including daily specials.
- Assisted in cashiering and Point of Sale (POS) system procedures during busy hours.
- Consistently provided professional, friendly and engaging service.
2009 Southwestern College Phoenix, Arizona