Summary of Qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of veterinary medicine.
- Excellent training and experience in large animal surgery.
- Well developed client relation skills.
- Proven managerial skills, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Work well under pressure in crisis situations.
- Flexible and adaptable and a team player.
- Reading, writing and speaking proficiency in Spanish and English.
University Technology at Llanos Orientales, Villavicencio, Colombia
U.S Equivalency: First professional degree in veterinary medicine (DVM).
Degree: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
North Meck Animal Hospital, Cornelius, NC (01/06 – Present)
- Provided veterinary diagnostic techniques, including microscopy, and veterinary nursing.
- Obtained and recorded patient case histories.
- Prepared animals, instruments, and equipment for surgery.
- Assisted in diagnostic, medical, and surgical procedures.
- Performed dental prophylaxes.
- Collected specimens and performing laboratory tests.
- Advised and educating animal owners.
- Supervised and trained personnel.
- Exposed and developed radiographs.
- Monitored anesthesia.
- Operated and monitored the ultrasound, tonometer, electrocardiograph and blood pressure equipment.
Veterinary Clinic in Atlanta, Georgia (1990 – 1999)
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Supervised veterinary technicians to ensure proper medical care was quickly and properly administered to large and small animals.
- Performed and assisted with small and large animals.
- Assisted on farm calls large animal emergencies.
- Supervised the nutritional awareness programs sponsored by the clinic.
- Supervised daily the purchasing of clinic supplies and surgical equipment.
- Negotiated with sales representatives to obtain fair prices for supplies.
- Regularly met with customers to outline proper grooming habits and optimal health maintenance schedules for their pets.
- Routinely performed clinical duties and assisted in complicated surgical procedures.
- Performed artificial insemination, and further performed deliveries and surgery when necessitated.