Practice management professional with copious healthcare – medical office experience. (e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, insurance processing, connectivity, physician and employee scheduling, employment human resources, purchasing and marketing)
Highlights of Qualifications
- Proven success in increasing revenues, reduce expenses, setting a workable budget, project profit and losses, and produce financial reports.
- Strong practical and theoretical foundation in improving methods to ensure customer and employee satisfaction.
- Strong billing experience in charges, coding, insurances companies, accounts receivables and in-house collections.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience. Self-motivated, detail oriented, eager to teach, to learn and empower others.
North Suburban Dermatology Associates, S.C. August 2005 – September 2010
Practice Administrator – Office Manager
- Managed all aspects of multi-physician medical practice and office logistics from physician-employee-patient scheduling, network connectivity (e.g., satellite office, laboratory) billing, insurance, physician contracting with insurance companies-independent physician associations-hospitals, purchasing, marketing, payroll, reconciling practice financials for accountants and financial advisors.
- Acted as a liaison between the physician, employee, and patient in a clinical setting and business setting.
- Responsible for renewing and maintaining records for physician’s federal and state licensures. (e.g., DEA, Illinois controlled substance, state medical license, malpractice insurance, long term/disability insurance)
- Developed and managed practice’s in house billing and collections department increasing revenue from deficit to over 100% accounts receivable in 1 year of management, maintaining a 98-99% AR annually.
- Implemented and ensured state and corporate regulatory policies and procedures into daily office practices, informing and training staff members. (e.g., HIPPA, Red Flag Rule, OSHA, ClLIA)
- Optimized patient/physician /employee scheduling and time to best increase profits and accounts receivables. Recognized the value of utilizing specialized treatments to increase revenue and high standard of patient care.
- Managed Daily Close to include overseeing patient demographics, charges, insurance payments, and patient payments.
- Balanced daily close by generating end of day reports against employee batches.
- Supervised billing department, front office and medical staff of 13 employees. Conducted employee staff meetings and performance evaluations in effort to increase productivity.
- Responsible for corporate accounts payable. Reconciled and balanced financial corporate accounts working with practice financial accountants and advisors.
- Implemented and managed employee healthcare benefits, and 401K with accountants and financial advisors.
- Implemented a connectivity payroll system to track employee work hours, trends and scheduling.
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Power Point, pdf file conversion, CPT, ICD-9 insurance billing
Darryl Bronson, M.D. July 2004 – August 2005
Nursing-Medical Assistant, Coding and Insurance Specialist
- Responsible for triaging patients to include setting up and assisting physicians during minor surgical procedure. Clinically skilled in wound care, administering injection, intravenous administration and patient education.
- Proficient in maintaining patient flow and communicating with physicians and employees.
- Closely worked with billing department and office manager trouble shooting reimbursement issues (coding, referrals, insurance eligibility and benefit problems)
- Assist in all aspects of medical practice including making appointments, answering billing issues, answering phone calls, calling refills and new prescriptions to pharmacies.
Lakeland Primary Care-Highland Park Medical Associates, S.C. January 1995 – September 2004
- Managed a multi-physician office and supervised 10 employees in a medical office setting, specializing of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Maintain and oversee employee continuing education program.
- Responsible for company’s accounts payable and receivable. Collaborated with Certified Public Accountant to maintain an accurate financial record of the practice. Reconcile monthly and yearly corporate financial accounting system and medical accounting system.
- Manage computer operating system with technical support and integration between corporate satellite facilities.
- Guarantee Medicare, Illinois Public Aid and Insurance compliance regarding claim filing, coding, and medical documentation.
The Doctor’s of Zion March 1992 – January 2005
- Managed a multi-specialized practice of 15 physicians from Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, and Cardiology to Podiatry.
- Responsible for developing a work schedule for medical staff and for physician procedures/surgeries in-office and in hospital setting.
- Assisted with various surgical procedures and other podiatric and general surgery cases such as Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, incisions and excisions of lesions, debridement, and cardiac stress tests, to include patient care consisting of education, post care instruction and wound care.
- Responsible for medical documentation of patient history, complaints of patient and overall logistics of medical side of practice. Proficient in intravenous therapy, medication administration, phlebotomy, 12-lead electrocardiogram, sterilization-autoclave procedure and surgical instrumentation.
- Associates Degree of Applied Science – College of Lake County
- Registered Licensed Paramedic – College of Lake County – Victory Memorial Hospital