Seeking a full-time position as a family nurse practitioner in san antonio, Texas or surrounding areas.
University Of Texas Health Science Center May 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Family Nurse Practitioner Major
Master of Science in Nursing
University of Texas Health Science Center May 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Clinical Practicum Rotations:
Dixon Clinic (METHODIST Healthcare Ministries) San Antonio, TX
- 143 hours clinical rotation (March-May 2010).
- Provided primary care services to the medically underserved & indigent population. Managed various acute/chronic diseases commonly seen in primary care such as diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, asthma, abdominal pain, respiratory, and skin infections. Others services provided include routine physical examinations across all age groups and immunizations.
- Ordered/interpreted diagnostic tests, managed/adjusted medication regimens as needed, formulated differential diagnoses, referred and consulted as indicated, provided extensive education regarding disease prevention and health promotion.
Responsive Infectious Diseases Solutions San Antonio, TX
- 81 hours clinical rotation (Feb-March 2010).
- Performed initial and routine physical assessments on adult patients with chronic infectious diseases. Monitored effectiveness of treatment regimen. Managed and adjusted medication regimens as needed. Ordered and interpreted diagnostic tests. Common conditions seen are as follows: chronic sinusitis, cellulitis, MRSA, shingles, herpes, post-operative infections, and AIDS/HIV.
Spine and Orthopaedic Institute San Antonio, TX
- 93 hours clinical rotation (Jan-Feb 2010).
- Conducted physical examinations on adult/geriatric patients with acute/chronic orthopedic problems with an emphasis on cervical and back injuries. Ordered/interpreted diagnostic tests, managed medication regimens, and referred as indicated. Common diagnoses seen: spinal stenosis, sciatica, neuropathy, cervical/lumbar herniated disks, shoulder pain, and facet arthropathy.
Frank Tejeda VA Outpatient Clinic (Women’s Health) San Antonio, TX
- 32 hours clinical rotation (March 2010)
- Performed well woman exams which include pap smears and clinical breast exams. Reviewed and updated the health history and medication regimens. Evaluated the need for health screening exams based on age and personal/family history. Ordered and interpreted diagnostic tests. Other services provided include STD screening, contraception counseling, disease prevention and health promotion. Treated common gynecologic problems such as dysmenorrhea, bacterial vaginosis, atrophic vaginitis, and candida infections.
Buena Vista Family Practice San Antonio, TX
- 244 hours clinical rotation (June-November 2009).
- Provided primary care to patients of all age groups. The patient population consisted of approximately 50% pediatrics and 50% adult/geriatrics.
- Performed well child exams, sports physicals, provided immunizations, and lead screening. Evaluated/managed common acute/chronic illness seen in primary care such as diabetes, hypertension, hypelipidemia, asthma, otitis media/externa, sinusitis, depression, dysmenorrhea, and UTIs.
- Ordered and interpreted diagnostic tests, formulated differential diagnoses, and referred as clinically indicated. Provided extensive education regarding contraception, breastfeeding, disease prevention, and health promotion.
Da Vita Dialysis 7/2008 – 7/2009 San Antonio, Texas
Hemodialysis Staff/Charge Nurse
- Charge RN of 24 chair outpatient dialysis clinic. Responsible for numerous aspects of patient care which include but not limited to pre/post-treatment clinical assessment, water system safety, monitoring adequate functioning of fistulas/grafts, and appropriate disinfection of dialysis equipment. Supervised dialysis technicians and LVN’s to ensure treatments were performed in a safe manner.
- Reviewed patient laboratory results and monitored effectiveness of dialysis treatments. Coordinated overall patient care with physicians and other members of the healthcare team. Reported deviations from plan of care to physician.
Patience Home Health Care 07/2007-7/2008 San Antonio, Texas
Home Health Field RN
- Responsible for initial health assessments and re-certifications of home bound patients. Coordinated skilled nursing care with the interdisciplinary team, patients, and families. Supervised home health aides, LVN’s to ensure care plans were followed per physician’s orders and agency standards.
- Monitored effectiveness of treatment and progression of various medical conditions such as CHF, diabetes, hypertension, wound care, surgical dressings, and COPD.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries 2005-2007 San Antonio, Texas
Staff RN/Family Practice Clinic
- Provided exceptional primary care to patients of all ages in a medically underserved community. Displayed exceptional ability to multi-task in a busy family practice clinic. Responsible for implementing physicians’ orders such as: EKGs, peak flows, immunizations, injections, ear irrigations, nebulizer treatments, phlebotomy, and gathering/reporting laboratory results.
- Assisted clinic supervisor with administrative and supervisory duties which include but not limited to patient education, referrals, triage, initial assessments, ordering clinical supplies, and EMS activation.
Methodist Healthcare System 2003-2005 San Antonio, Texas
MICU Staff RN/Charge Nurse
- Provided superior care to critically ill patients with acute/chronic diseases such as CHF, MI’s, sepsis, renal failure, DKA, respiratory failure, GI bleeds, and cancer.
- Shared charge nurse duties of a 14 bed MICU. In charge of maintaining overall unit functioning and patient flow. Responsible for ensuring timely and appropriate patient discharges/admissions.
- Skilled in monitoring 12 lead EKG and ventilator. Coordinated overall patient care with interdisciplinary team and families.
American Academy Of Nurse Practitioners Certification
Texas RN License
Basic Life Support