- Experienced electrician within the power generation industry initially trained in the United States Navy, working in power plants of both naval ships and biomass utility generator.
- Seasoned electrical technician with experience in a broad range of electrical/electronic systems from up to 13,821V switchgear and 4160V MCC’s and disconnects to complex systems control.
- Dedicated technician with background in root cause analysis, identify solutions and recommend improvement upgrades.
- Team center oriented, recognizing the maintenance group operating as a team completes plant goals, and eventually promoted to Maintenance Manager.
Detroit Remodeling Company, 2001 to Present
Small Business Owner
- Owner and president of contracting company performing residential remodels and repairs, solely accountable for day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management and logistics for jobs of clients located throughout Southeastern Michigan.
- Perform follow up procedure to ensure that all work completed to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Generate all documentation for clear presentation of project estimation and invoicing.
Metro Power and Lighting, 1998 – 2001
- Construction electrician employed building traffic signal intersections within the IBEW.
- Trained as bucket truck operator using approved safety procedures worked in close proximity of high voltage distribution lines.
- In dense automotive traffic areas, responsible for setting steel support poles, suspend and connect traffic lighting, with strict adherence to grounding procedures, requiring state inspection and certification upon completion.
Viking Energy of Lincoln, 1994 – 1998
- Manage a team responsible for all aspects of maintenance in the power plant that included electrical, mechanical, I & C, chemistry and fuel handling.
- Using MP3 CMMS schedule and track work orders and projects that led to an operating availability of 99.9%.
- Contribute to the development of an annual budget of 1.6M that guided maintenance activities and held within .5% of the O & M budget.
- Wrote and presented annual performance appraisals for all maintenance personnel, utilized for constructive evaluation and salary compensation.
- Develop plans for annual outages that included any major plant improvements and typical off line maintenance procedures of which one was a major turbine outage accomplished 1 day ahead of schedule.
- Lead efforts managing clean up of underground fuel oil leak from ruptured fuel line resulting in effective containment, remediation and monitoring, minimally affecting surrounding community and no subsequent DEQ consequences.
- Qualified as Operations Supervisor, 1 of 7 responsible for boiler and T/G operations broadening knowledge of plant processes and renewed ideas of maintenance management.
- Listed in UDI’s, Who’s Who at Electric Power Plants and received corporate 5-year good conduct award.
Viking Energy of Lincoln, 1990 -1994
- Served as maintenance electrician in the power plant, responsible for all electrical systems and controls including 13,821V switchgear and disconnects, 4160V & 480V MCC’s, substation equipment, PLC’s and DC drive controllers.
- Tasked to develop and install soft start AC controllers on select systems reducing wear on mechanical systems and allow greater control and protection of electrical components.
- Provided predicative care on electrical equipment using IR detector on MCC’s and motors, sampling of insulating oil in H.V. Transmission transformer and submittal for test, analysis of all rotating equipment using Microlog/PRISM2 Vibration software and spectrum analysis, detecting possible bearing failure, coupling misalignment or equipment balancing issues.
- Responsible for 100% availability of T/G UPS system, recording S.G. levels, ensuring proper floating charge, and change out of battery as S.G. history records determined.
- Diagnose system control oversights disturbing plant operations, develop and implement improved control methods reducing plant upsets, contributing positively to online capacity factor.
- Maintained system HVAC’s, providing conditioned air for control room and DCS that included replacement of A/C compressor, eliminating the requirement of contract services.
- Maintained and resolved issues with 480V extraction steam MOV’s by re-wiring control and power circuits with hi-temp class wiring.
- Qualified Caterpillar 950 front-end loader operator, overhead crane operator, experience with arc welding, acetylene cutting torches, plasma cutter, and mig wire welder.
Detroit Radiographic Systems, 1987 – 1990
X-ray Service Technician
- Successfully maintained x-ray equipment that included calibration, troubleshooting and repair for over 300 clients located in southeastern Michigan. In addition solely responsible for the installation, setup and calibration for new and re-conditioned x-ray equipment in medical offices with sales of equipment exceeding 2M in 1988.
- Graduate of Naval Basic Electricity and Electronics, Electrician’s Mate ‘A’ School, Naval Nuclear Power School
- NUS Training Corp. Power Principles Course
- Invetech Bearing Maintenance Course
- SKF Microlog/PRISM2 & Spectrum Analysis Training
- AVO Multi-Amp Substation Maintenance 1
- American Management Association Interpersonal Skills Course
- Graduate of Romeo High School