Dedicated professional with more than 15 years of experience in the talent management, training and organizational development arenas to include program facilitation and instructional design. Proven track record in achieving results and positively impacting business issues via people and organizational savvy skills and partnership with executive levels. Skilled in matrix leadership and team development. High-level proficiency in MS Office Suite products, various instructional design software (Docent, Lectora, AIM II) and LMS administration
Wells Fargo and Company (Charlotte, NC) 06/2009- Present
Learning and Development Manager: (03/2010 – Present)
Leads the team that provides training to the management and team members of the Human Resources Service Center (HRSC). Collaborates with the Senior Leadership team of the organization to strategize best approaches/methodology to solutions to maximize the support provided by the HRSC. Scope of accountability includes: training administration; design and development of training programs and resources; evaluation of training effectiveness and budget
- Matrix management of the Learning and Development team
- Serves as an administrator for SharePoint and LMS resources
- Provides consultative services/performance improvement coaching to the leadership Human Resources Representatives/Specialists teams
- Analyzes QA reports, customer surveys and culture/climate assessments results to determine performance improvement approaches and interventions
- Collaborates with management to identify and solution for remedies to critical business issues
Key Accomplishments: By way of establishing working agreements, have facilitated collaboration/partnership of the leadership teams for the multiple lines of business within the HRSC at the various sites. This has resulted in the ability to implement projects that have been executed companywide. Received the Corporate HR Gold Coin Award for service excellence-11/2010
Business Training Consultant-Reverse Mortgages: (06/2009 – 03/2010)
Supported the servicing operation consisting of seven departments each with separate and distinct functions to service more than 100,000 Reverse Mortgage loans. Provided performance and process improvement consulting to ensure practices, policies and procedures are investor and government -compliant. Scope of accountability included: new team member onboarding; leadership development; QA systems testing and compliance tracking and employing tools such as ADDIE and Bloom’s Taxonomy to develop and implement training strategies/programs for new team members and managers.
- Partnered with area vice presidents to build benchstrength and maximize effectiveness of performance management strategies
- Conducted systems testing for proposed upgrades and integrations
- Developed and administered training to affected departments
Key Accomplishment: Within first 60 days, acquired information and experience necessary to develop the departments new hire onboarding process for exempt and non-exempt team members. The Senior Leadership team immediately gave their full approval-requesting no changes/revisions to the plan.
Family Dollar,Inc. (Matthews,NC) 11/2007- 03/2009
Manager, Training and Development – Store Operations
Collaborated with senior executive team to ensure training programs supported the business need and were “value-added” to the field. Scope of accountability included: development and administration of leadership development programs to improve benchstrength; partnership with senior members of the HR team to implement the “HR as a Strategic Business Partner” model throughout all lines of business.
- Managed the design, development, implementation and administration of instructor-led and CBT/LMS training programs (technical, interpersonal and HR-centric) for employees at 6400+ stores
- Ensured training complied with state/federal regulation
- Analyzed performance trends to ensure training programs supported increased performance in critical business issues (i.e. cost effectiveness and customer focus)
- Conducted needs and gaps analysis to identify training needs
- Implemented evaluations to assess training effectiveness
- Based on feedback, developed/implemented strategies to ensure knowledge acquired translated to knowledge applied/practiced resulting in a positive impact to the ‘bottom line’
Key Accomplishment: Served as the Project Manager for the design and implementation of training programs to 6400+ stores companywide for the Point of Sale (POS) migration.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (Mooresville, NC) 06/2006 – 11/2007
Regional Training Manager – Distribution Network: (05/2007 – 11/2007)
Partnered with Regional Vice President and Human Resources director to ensure effective execution of training programs and compliance with corporate mandates in Central Region distribution centers.
- Provided coaching and development to distribution center training coaches. Formed cross-regional teams to address critical business issues
- Assisted in the design of screening, recruiting, interviewing and hiring processes for newly created position (on-site training instructors)
- Designed and administered Workplace Violence Prevention training program
Key Accomplishments: “Excellence in Execution (E2)” training program development, administration; automation of the Level 1 evaluation process. Note: E2 is the distribution network leadership development program
Senior Instructional Designer- Store Operations: (06/2006 – 05/2007)
Partnered with Regional Vice Presidents in the development and administration of programs that targeted stores’ performance in critical business needs.
- Conducted needs assessments and proposed training solutions based on findings
- Designed /developed training materials to support development of store employees inclusive of Store Manager, Operations Manager and Entry Manager Training Programs
Key Accomplishment: Served as Project Manager for the development and implementation of the 2007 performance development/ management process training program (implemented companywide).
QVC, Inc. (Suffolk, VA) 10/2001 – 05/2006
Training Manager/Performance Consultant – Distribution Center
Managed the technical and leadership development training programs for over 1500 team members. Scope of accountability included: partnering with executive team to conduct time studies to align site productivity with performance standards. Ensured training targets supported the company’s vision and mission
- Conducted needs and gaps analysis-provided subsequent coaching to clients
- Provided supervision, guidance and development for 25 trainers
- Performed HR Generalist functions to include: recruitment, employee relations and job evaluation Designed site’s onboarding program for newly hired managers and supervisors
- Managed budgets for training and employee recognition programs
- Designed employee recognition program (implemented companywide)
- Developed and implemented the leadership performance improvement plan process
Key Accomplishments: Chaired task team whose direct efforts reduced site irregularities (error) rate from 4% to 0.7% (appointed by General Manager); received two Shining Star awards for excellence in leadership.
NTELOS (Portsmouth, VA) 11/2000 – 10/2001
Customer Care Training Manager – Call Center
Partnered with Quality Assurance department to identify trends. Developed training programs to address areas of opportunity and build on areas of strength. Scope of accountability included conducting new hire orientation/training and utilizing matrix management to ensure consistency and accuracy of training materials that pertained to both the Retail and Customer Service lines of business.
- Coordinated training/implementation for major billing system migration
- Performed needs assessments and implemented performance improvement tools
- Designed site’s Standard Operating Procedures and Technical Help Desk Manual
Key Accomplishment: Developed companywide Customer Retention/Sales training that reduced site’s customer attrition to 10% from over 40%.
Bachelors of Arts- Political Science; Norfolk State University; Summa Cum Laude