PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, Beijing, China (Oct 2007 – Dec 2009)
Manager, Advisory-Transaction Services
- Analyzed and evaluated target’s industry, corporate culture, regulatory issues, quality of earnings, assets, revenue streams and cost drivers to identify any business, operational and financial impact on the potential deal.
- Reviewed management, tax and statutory financial data and interviewed Targets’ personnel and executives to identify issues impact deal structure and purchase price.
- Led a team of two to five members to perform financial due diligence on each in-bound and out-bound project.
- Reviewed on sales and purchase agreements for buyers, and commented on the status of condition precedents based on the results of our due diligence.
- Reviewed financial data and highlighted key deal issues such as negotiation points and technical accounting matters that have impacts on the purchase price for purchasers.
- Evaluated and provided comments on potential synergies and integration costs on client’s business valuation.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams across both domestic and international markets to lead the clearance for complex transactions.
- Created and/or commented on business/investment valuations, forecasts/budgets and pro forma financials.
- Created deal memos, client presentations, and pitch books.
- Facilitated and managed the deal execution process among bankers, lawyers, clients and various counterparties.
- Developed and implemented a centralized strategy to cross sell various advisory services during transaction cycle.
- Trained managers and staff in mandatory transaction courses.
Ernst & Young, LLP, New York, New York (Sept 2006 – Oct 2007)
Manager, Transaction Advisory Services
- Analyzed and evaluated target’s industry, corporate culture, quality of earnings, assets, revenue streams and cost drivers to identify any business, operational and financial impact on the potential deal.
- Conducted due diligence and highlighted key findings such as negotiation points and technical accounting matters through for senior managements and board of directors.
- Assessed significant customer/vendor relationships, product and project developments by reviewing purchase/sales contracts, customer/vendor concentration and terms which impact Targets’ EBITDA.
- Evaluated potential synergies, integration cost and commenting on financial models.
- Presented comprehensive financial analysis of EBITDA, net assets, working capital and cash flow, etc. for private equity clients and corporate bankers.
- Facilitated and managed deal execution process with bankers, lawyers, clients and other various counterparties.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, New York, New York (Jun 2004 – Aug 2006)
Senior Associate, Transaction Services
- Assisted acquirers to evaluate targets and improved their deal processes and set post-close priorities.
- Assisted foreign and domestic corporations on IPOs, M&As, and debt offering execution process.
- Performed due diligence to identify key deal issues which impacted purchase price.
- Assisted clients to identify possible risks in foreign operations and evidence of operational weakness.
- Prepared financial models/valuation, investment pro formas, and return summaries using MS Excel that utilized various debt, fee, and equity promote structures.
- Performed Japanese and US accounting conversions in Tokyo for 15 months for foreign financial institutions in order to issue securities in both US and UK.
- Valuated non-performing loans and leases for various Japanese banks.
Deloitte & Touche, LLP, New York, New York (Sept 2001 – Jun 2004)
Senior Auditor, Assurance & Advisory Services
- Assisted Client’s IPO and venture capital investments by reviewing their financial status or standings.
- Planned and executed 45 audits/reviews for client, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & CO., over a three month period.
- Reviewed financial statements and investigated unusual trends and interrelationships as part annual 10K filings.
- Analyzed clients’ daily operating, financial and investment activities as required by NASDAQ.
DELOITTE & TOUCHE, LLP, New York, New York (July 1999 – Sept 2001)
- Structured and securitized asset backed securities for originators prior trading
- Assessed legal, economic, accounting, credit, and regulatory issues of securitization transactions for originators.
- Assisted underwriters to implementing pitch/show books by verifying all the financial data presented were accurate.
- Prepared term sheets, prospectuses, and information memoranda for potential investors, rating agencies, and regulators.
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana Master Business Administration: Finance and Accounting
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana Bachelor of Science: Finance and Accounting