My career goals are to be associated with a progressive organization with a culture and environment that offers challenging assignments support for personal and financial growth, career rewards and where I can make a significant contribution utilizing my special skills and experience. I bring a diverse background in many disciplines such as CAD designed machinery, welding, sheet metal, piping, conveyors, structural steel, food processing, aerospace, power generation, and pressure vessels.
Education & Training
- Catia V5 Training – Certificate of Training – MSC Cincinnati, Ohio
- Proficient with Autocad R9 thru 2010 2D – (20+ Years experience)
- ASME Code Training – Certificate – Los Angeles, California
- National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessels Training – Certifcate – Columbus, OH
- Microsoft Word, Windows/ Excel Training – Certificate – Productivity Point – Dayton, OH
- Forest Park High School – Graduate – Mechanical Design & Drafting I-IV University of Cincinnati – General Studies – (2 years)
- Proficient with ANSI Y14.5M82 – Current – Geometric Dimensioning andTolerance (GD&T)
- OSHA Certification – Occupational Safety & Health Administration –
- Autocad Inventor 3D 2008 – Certificate of Training – ASI – Cincinnati, Ohio – (3 yrs experience)
APC – (Contracted to Duke Energy) – Belews Creek N.C. / Cinti, Ohio 2/09 – 8/10
- Contracted to Duke Energy to document plant mechanical piping.
- Substation design utilizing Autocad Inventor software.
- Created Autocad Inventor 3D substation models for SDS system.
- Consulted extensively with field operations personnel to walk down plant piping, correct P&ID’s, update substation drawings and new plant piping additions for Belews Creek.
- Updated P&ID’S from redlined marked prints and analyzed current conditions of assets for replacement strategy, as well as becoming more knowledgeable with transmission systems.
Cincinnati Industrial Machinery – Mason, Ohio 7/07 – 12/08
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Engineered industrial can and mat washing conveyor systems and custom health/dental mobile motor buses, utilizing Autocad 2006 2D & Autocad Inventor 3D software.
- Worked with customers, vendors and shop personnel to coordinate all efforts in the turnkey design and manufacture of a mat cleaning conveyor systems for Cintas.
- Worked with Cintas personnel and top level executives to design and fabricate a new 88 foot mat cleaning washer/conveyor machine. The $80 million dollar contract for (40) machines met and exceeded all customer technical criteria and expectations.
- Designed new Armor Mobile bus shells, utilizing Inventor 3D software, and revamped the Armor Mobile assembly line and drawing structure to increase production and streamline the flow of parts to the shop floor.
GPA Associates – (Contracted to Duke Energy) – Cincinnati, Ohio 1/07 – 7/07
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Worked primarily at East Bend & Miami Fort power stations to procure and document plant piping, utilizing Bentley Microstation software.
- Analyzed and updated existing piping P&ID’s for drawing accuracy with regard to actual plant configurations.
- Analyzed the current state and project conditions of assets for replacement strategy, as well as becoming more knowledgeable with the transmission systems.
- Consulted extensively with field operations personnel to better understand the facts, gaining valuable experience from the people who work with the assets on a daily basis.
- Identified opportunities for cost reductions through construction standards, and offered plans for fixing reliability issues.
- Worked in the typical power plant environment, climbing stairs, extreme heights, hot, cold weather etc.
AMG Inc. – Dayton, Ohio 6/06 – 1/07
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
- Utilized Autocad Mech. Desktop, Multisteel and Bentley design software to engineer multi level structural steel, floor plans, equipment layouts and piping models for ethanol processing facilities worldwide. HVAC plant duct work layout for exhaust gas ducting to exhaust stacks.
- Designed multi-story facilities utilizing 3D software in the construction and layout of various ethanol and food processing facilities.
- Worked with structural, mechanical, electrical engineers, as well as contractors, vendors and facility managers to produce turnkey and facility expansion designs per customer requirements.
- Worked on site periodically to gather pertinent information such as equipment location dimensions, customer interface and equipment specifications.
BUCKEYE Fabricating Co. – Springboro, Ohio 5/05 – 4/06
Purchasing & Sales Engineer
- Procured all materials for the fabrication of boilers, pressure vessels and storage tanks for the chemical, industrial, food processing and petroleum industries.
- Determined technical requirements for materials used, pressure and stress calculations, piping design and re-pad calculations, with respect to the ASME code.
- Responsible for all drawings, tank materials and piping materials necessary in the design and fabrication of all pressure and non-pressure products.
- Increased Buckeye’s sales by 25% thru sales and new customer contacts, which lead to Buckeye’s highest sales year in 44 year existence.
- Utilized Autocad R2005 for design of customer equipment and bills of materials
AERONCA AEROSPACE Inc. – Middletown, Ohio 6/99 – 2/05
Tool Design Engineer
- Responsible for all in house and outside tooling, die, fixture designs for the Airbus and Boeing programs, reporting to Director of Engineering.
- Developed, designed (and or) modified tools to be used in the fabrication of titanium exhaust plug and nozzles for the Airbus, G.E. and Rolls Royce engines.
- Managed and dispositioned inspection tags, did cost feasibility for tools, specified materials, wrote purchase orders and worked with vendors and machine shops.
- Utilized Autocad R2005 and Catia V5 software for tool designs. Worked with customers on tool technical requirements and control features.
- Provided design solutions via tool modifications to keep production on track and created new designs to enhance productivity.
- Increased the number of plug and nozzles produced from (1) plug and nozzle per day to (4) per day within a 12 month time frame.
- Some of the tools designed included, drill jigs, welding and holding fixtures, trim templates, waterjet fixtures, braze mandrel fixtures, and bulge forming equipment .
DUPPS, CO. – Germantown, OH. 6/93 – 6/99
Sr. Mechanical Designer – Autocad R14
- Designed custom conveyors, screw presses, rotating steam shaft cookers, process piping and other process equipment for the rendering industry.
- Worked with customers/vendors and field personnel to troubleshoot in field construction and startups.
- Worked with Autocad R14 coupled w/ MRP System in the design of process equipment above.
- Designed drive systems, gearboxes, system piping and calculated speeds and feed rates for conveyor systems.
- Attended training courses for ASME codes, Refresher math course at Sinclair Community college and attended Microsoft Word/Excel training classes.