Dedicated, highly competent, and inspiring education professional, with expertise in blending innovative and instructional methods to generate a solid foundation for lifelong learning. Motivated counselor with several years of experience in developing and implementing highly effective behavioral plans that promote critical thinking, student engagement, and real-world application. Possess stellar reputation in motivating students, enhancing learning experience, and establishing an intuitive connection with a wide range of students to increase student achievement and reach their personal goals. Demonstrate expertise in working with people of diverse cultures; extremely effective in communicating the relevance of course content to the lives of the learners.
Paul Breaux Middle School, Lafayette, LA (March 2012 – August 2016)
- Provided instruction tailored to various needs within a classroom setting while maintaining a positive and safe classroom environment,
- Actively participated in weekly and monthly collaborative meetings, ranging from specialized groups to whole faculty discussions.
- Focused on parent participation, student progress, and overall improvement as an educational community.
- Organized various schoolwide events; maintained budget, coordinated vendor participation, and organized schedules and placement of activities.
- Prepared aptitude and review tests for students.
- Rated Highly Effective at increasing standardized test scores in English Language Arts.
- Nominated for 2015/2016 Teacher of the Year.
Princeton Alternative Elementary, Birmingham, AL (January 2007 – March 2012)
- Developed and implemented a standards-based, rigorous curriculum for 3rd grade students.
- Actively participated in ongoing professional development by collaborating with co-teacher and taking seminars.
- Generated daily lesson plan for Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, Reading, and Writing subjects.
- Ensured accuracy of student progress’ through the use of grade books, various grading software programs, or other recordkeeping systems as required by the school administration.
- Promoted constant interaction with the students to motivate, inspire, and connect with all students in the classroom.
- Efficiently provided, modified, or adapted learning situations for students with special needs.
- Reported to parents and attended parent meetings and information sessions.
- Played a major role in participating on various committees and groups within the school and community as required.
Princeton Alternative Elementary Birmingham, AL (January 2004 – January 2007)
- Assumed full responsibility for the development and implementation of a standards-based, rigorous 5th grade curriculum and assessments that were delivered to two classes of 5th grade students.
- Actively participate in the ongoing professional development, in collaboration with peers.
- Functioned effectively as a 5th grade science, social studies, and language arts teacher.
- Accurately evaluated data on student performance to effectively adapt curriculum.
- Modified and accommodated differentiated support to the needs and capacity of all students to ensure standards were achieved and/or surpassed.
- Implemented school-wide systems and procedures to effectively manage classrooms.
- Executed constant communication with students and families regarding academic and behavior performance and progress.
Princeton Alternative Elementary Birmingham, AL (August 2003 – January 2004)
- Actively attended the student teaching seminars and other meetings scheduled for student teachers, along with the faculty meetings, PTA/PTO, and other school-related functions.
- Accompanied and supported the cooperating teacher in completing all assigned professional duties.
- Consistently interacted with UAB supervisor, cooperating teacher, and other UAB staff on ways to improve.
- Demonstrated confidentiality, professional etiquette, along with cordial and professional attitude to the secretary, nurse, librarian, custodian, and other auxiliary personnel as well as the principal and teaching staff.
- Exceptionally utilized approved lesson plans, unit plans, assignments, and materials in teaching students.
- Accurately generated long-range lesson plans with the cooperating teacher.
Master of Arts in Education, Major in Educational Leadership University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
Bachelor of Science in Elementary and Early Education University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
- Training in Alabama Standards for Instructional Leaders (4 semesters)-All 8 standards
- Teacher’s Literacy Council Expose
- Gizmo Training, Science Department
- PLC Training
- Annual Blood Borne Pathogen Training
- Literacy Cafe Teacher’s Book Club
- K-5 Scott Foresman Training
- Think-Link Training
- Staff Development for Educators
- Conference on Differentiated Instruction for Grades K-8
- Initial Training for the Alabama Reading Initiative
- Reading Academy
- Training for Comprehension Tool Kit
- New Teacher Academy Presentations
- Lee v. Macon Consent Decree for Training in Instructional Strategies
- Lee v. Macon Consent Decree for Training in Positive Behavioral Supports