Mound School Cleveland, Ohio 10/2006 – Present
School Library Media Specialist
- Manage a K-8 Library Media Center
- Collaborated with teachers and Principal to develop cross curricular literacy skills.
- Daily developed reading and writing lesson plans for grades K through 6th.
- Employed a broad range of instructional techniques that retained student interest and maximized individual learning within a group environment.
- Implemented a successful graphic novel book club for reluctant readers in 4th and 5th grades to encourage them to become life-long readers.
- Re-designed what was a middle school library to accommodate middle and elementary school students’ needs, and implemented new policies and procedures for the library.
- Trained students to use Riverdeep computerized reading and math programs.
- Trained students to use Starfall computerized reading program.
- Developed student ability to access, evaluate, interpret and apply information.
- Developed student research skills and use of the Internet.
- Collection development skills.
- Excellent people and customer service skills.
McGraw-Hill Publishing Atlanta, GA 02/05 – 08/2006
- Served as a Proctor for Pearson Educational Measurement Company where I graded state reading, writing and history tests for Ohio, New York, etc.
- Worked for Mc-Graw-Hill Publishing where I contacted Principals and Administration in targeted area and update them on new McGraw-Hill reading and writing programs and the advantage of same.
- Updated McGraw-Hill customer information database and catalog database.
Cleveland Municipal Board of Education Cleveland, Ohio 09/04 – 01/05
- Served as backup for classroom teachers who were out for the day, week or longer.
- Took existing lesson plans and taught lessons, maintained classroom discipline and provided counsel/advice to students and parents on behavioral issues.
Terry Cullen Chevrolet Morrow, GA 01/96 – 11/98
Customer Service Manager
- Managed the Customer Service Department for an auto dealership.
- Was responsible for all customer complaints and the resolution of same.
- Managed the Telemarketing Dept. and employees of that department.
- Managed Database Marketing Dept. which mailed billing statements, miscellaneous mailers, sales flyers, etc. to customer base and targeted audiences.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) to the third highest in the region.
Cablevision Systems Cleveland Hts., Ohio 10/1989 – 11/1990
Cable System Trainer
- Started up an administrative training department for Cablevision Systems
- Responsible for conducting training in 12 locations in Ohio.
- Conducted training for new customer service representatives and internal employees. Analyzed training needs, created training programs and conducted training according to those needs.
- Started the first System newsletter which helped to increase employee morale in the System.
- Worked closely with management and Personnel Dept. on negative employee issues and motivational issues.
University of San Francisco San Francisco, CA
- B.S. Information Systems Management
University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA
- Master of Library and Information Science
The University of Akron Akron, Ohio
- M.A. Master of Arts in Education with Literacy Option