Master of Science (Rehabilitation Counselor)
St. John’s University Queens, NY Sep ’92
Bachelor of Science (Business Management)
St. John’s University Queens, NY Sep ’87
St. John’s University Queens, NY May ’06 – May’10
Associate Director University Freshman Center & Transfer Student Services
- Advised Liberal studies undergraduate students in a holistic manner with attention given to select and academic schedule, major selection, and progress toward graduation.
- Counseled students in academic, financial and career concerns, and coordinate internal and outside referrals as necessary.
- Discussed the academic program and counsel prospective students and their parents.
- Assisted in the preparation of college reports.
- Developed positive student/faculty relationships.
- Maintained admission eligibility documents and counseling records.
- Assessed student eligibility documents, including financial aid forms.
- Assisted student in making contacts with community service agencies.
- Attended weekend and evening functions as necessary to promote the Academic Program.
- Worked cooperatively with the college community in order to advance the goals and objectives of the St. John’s Academic Program.
St. John’s University Queens, NY May ’94 – May ’06
Associate Director, Higher Education Opportunity Program
- Supervisor of student Academic Developmental Services.
- Planned and implemented summer academic programs, supervised tutorial services.
- Assisted in the preparation of State and University statistical reports.
- Planned and implemented yearly six week summer remedial program.
- Trained new counselor and secretary of HEOP policies and daily functions.
- Coordinated all HEOP functions.
- Volunteered in campus administration committees; working to enhance student education.
- Handled all administrative processing for transfer students.
- Supervised HEOP student workers.
St. John’s University Queens, NY May ’89 – May ’94
- Counseled students in personal, academic, financial and career concerns.
- Conducted individual and group sessions on a variety of subjects personal and professional for employment.
- Trained students to prepare resumes, cover letters and references.
- Educated students on job search strategies, and interviewing skills.
Intermediate School 68 Isaac Bildersee – Brooklyn, NY 2005-2009
Student Leadership Team Member
- Reviewed school budget with the Principal, developed the school’s mission, goals, and objectives in order to help all children reach their full potential and to align that plan with school’s budget.
- Advocated for parents and students.
Public School 115- Brooklyn, NY 2005-2006
- Coordinated fundraiser for student activities
- Conducted monthly meeting with parents
- Maintained financial records
- Chaperoned students on field trips
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- Representative for the Long Island Region HEOP
- New York State Association for Counseling and Development
- New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association, Inc. member