Experienced, organized, detail-oriented Legal Secretary with great leadership skills and a team-player mentality seeks a position within a legal department where a working knowledge of legal terminology, general law and legal court proceedings pertaining to the following case areas would be fully utilized and expanded:
Areas of litigation expertise: Securities, Class Action, Civil, Employment & Corporate, Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Real Estate (Residential & Landlord & Tenant), Family Law – Matrimony/Trust & Estate
Mayerson Stutman Abramowitz, LLP, New York, New York (4/07 to 11/09)
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
- Managed a small law office and Executive Assistant to Managing Partner.
- Performed all personnel duties including: profit sharing/401k, corporation compliances, insurance for firm and employees, implement office procedures, supervise/evaluate staff,
attendance/vacation, maintain personnel files, attorney memberships and CLEs.
- Prepared all litigation documents for matrimonial law firm, i.e., Separation/Prenuptial Agreements thru Divorce; daily contact with clients, attorneys and courts; filing/following up
w/court, process service, attorneys and clients.
Gibbons Del Deo, Dolan, Griffinger & Vecchoine, New York, New York (6/03 to 4/07)
- Provided high level administrative/secretarial support to Partner and Associates for securities, class action and employment litigation.
- Responsibilities included: conferences, travel arrangements, scheduling of all appointments w/clients, outside attorneys, CLE and management; expense reports; heavy revisions of
legal documents, letters and emails; CMS (time entry).
Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Adler, New York, New York (7/02-6/03)
- Provided high level administrative/secretarial support for Senior Partners and Associate.
- Responsibilities included: Dictaphone of correspondence, memoranda and emails; heavy revision of legal documents for corporate, real estate and bankruptcy departments; time entry using TABS; travel, prepared expense reports, scheduled conferences and liaison between attorneys and clients.
Proskauer Rose LLP, New York, New York (6/97-4/02)
- Provided high level administrative/executive support to Head of Litigation Department and Associates.
- Responsibilities included: heavy dictaphone of correspondence, memoranda, emails and letters; create/revise legal documents for litigation department (i.e., class action, securities,
antitrust, labor & employment); delegate incoming court papers to appropriate associates, travel, time entry, total organization for Senior Partner.
Taylor Business Inst., Secretarial Studies/Nassau Community College, Business Administration