A Certified Public Accountant Candidate with completed section (Business Environment and concepts) and results oriented Accountant with 10 years working experience. Willing to work closely within the team; have an aptitude for figures; able to work well under own initiative; accurate and proficient in multi-tasks; able to communicate properly at all levels and cross function.
Center for Medical Genetics, Houston, TX 01/10 – 08/11
- Respond to maintain chart of accounts, G/L account reconciliation and analysis of trial balances for all entities of CMG with monthly-end and year-end closes.
- Assists the CFO in developing annual budget and leads the preparation of departmental budgets.
- Maintain and analyze budgets, prepare monthly budget vs. actual reports.
- Analyze financial results and provide variance memos/schedules and account reconciliations to ensure consistent internal control apply over all entities and financial reports.
- Prepare and oversee journal entries including recurring entries and allocations such as prepare month-end accruals, pre-paid adjustments, and unrecorded liabilities; maintain fixed assets sub-ledger including reconciliation to general ledger; maintain inter-company accounting, consolidation & elimination entries.
- Respond for comprehensive reconciliation on numerous P&L accounts and cash, A/R, key balance sheet accounts, working directly with support groups to clear reconciling items.
- Prepare consolidated monthly financial statements for parent company under a strict deadline schedule; calculate and analyze parent company’s profitability and liquidity ratios, maintain and create monthly graphics of financial analysis.
- Respond for monthly commissions’ computation, supervise the benefits/payroll accounting process and associated analysis.
- Research accounting issues and procedures with emphasis on best-practices, correct any job mischarges during the month.
- Participate in training and cross-training with accounting staff as needed. Serve as a role model for the department.
- Create and implement new payroll data input template to increase efficiency with monthly payroll preparation and reconciliation.
- Creation of numerous spreadsheet reports used to track revenue projections, P&L of each satellite clinic, commission payments, and numerous financial analysis tools.
Advance Polybag Inc, Houston, TX 09/08 – 01/10
- Tracked and analyzed daily/monthly raw material, finished goods, work in process and material in transit entries for assigned cost center and entity, took a proactive approach to identify operating results of usage variances; daily/monthly reconciliation of inventory for quantities and amounts with multiple locations; analyzed direct and indirect cost accounts; communicated findings and coordinated corrections in a timely and effective manner.
- Assigned accounting code and budget classification on purchasing documents, oversaw all A/R and A/P duties; prepared project accrual worksheet, post adequately accrued entries, reclassification entries and adjustment entries to general ledger.
- Responded for all sales commission distributions.
- Analyzed income statement and balance sheet accounts, included month-end and year-end GL duties; reconciled and reviewed inter-company balance and corrected out-of- balance situations, adhered to the month end close checklist to ensure all month end procedures are fully completed under the strict deadline schedule and to document such review on the checklist.
- Assist with the activities of internal and external auditors by provided complete supported documentations, reports and explanations.
Houston Municipal Employees Pension System, Houston, TX 01/07 – 09/08
Accounting Assistant II
- Monitored cash and funds flow, bank reconciliations, included review and reconciliation of 24 investment managers’ statement, ACH payments and balance sheet accounts monthly, maintained fixed assets and created fixed assets depreciation schedules.
- Coordinated the annual budgeting process, maintained general ledger, detailed working papers and special reposts.
- Collaborated and effectively analyzed internal controls and perform comprehensive audited and approved with various retirement application files.
- Assisted the pension system was updated and linked correctly with pension payment process.
- Prepared and filed governmental report to Texas Pension Board quarterly and prepared governmental comprehensive annual financial reports.
OE Source, Houston, TX 01/03 – 12/06
- Part-time position responsible for all financial aspects of the company, including administered A/P, A/R, payroll, bank reconciliations, maintained the general ledger and entered journal transactions, prepared financial statements, taxes and monthly reporting.
HUI’S International, Inc, Charleston, SC 10/95 – 12/00
- Handled a full range of general accounting duties from A/P, A/R, and payroll, provided regular analysis of accounting issues and transactions. Bank reconciliations, monthly/year-end inventory reconciliation. Posted monthly general entries, prepared month-end supporting schedules including amortization of all prepaid assets and depreciation of fixed assets.
- Prepared for monthly income statement and balance sheet. Managed relationship with various vendor, suppliers and customers. Handled customer inquiries. Processed sales commission payroll analysis.
University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX
Master of Science in Accounting (GPA: 3.44)
University of Texas, Austin, TX
Bachelor of Accounting