Seeking a challenging position in which experience and highly developed skills in office administration will make a valuable contribution toward the success of an organization.
Summary Of Qualifications
- A highly professional individual with extensive experience in a broad range of office systems and highly responsible roles with emphasis on HR Payroll System Implementations.
- Oracle Time & Labor Trainer; specialist in conducting Oracle HRMS training for users in a K-12 educational environment, developing procedures/training manuals, providing help desk support.
- Functional team member in implementing 11i Oracle Human Resources, Oracle Payroll, Oracle Time & Labor, and Oracle Advanced Benefits.
- Demonstrated leadership in escalated issue resolution, team support and morale building, and training novice users on HRMS systems.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks, build strong customer relationships, and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of standard payroll practices, procedures, systems and terminology.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, social security, unemployment, and workers’ compensation laws and regulations as they affect payroll systems and operations.
- Proficient in ADP PayForce, ADP Enterprise eTime, PeopleSoft 8.9, Oracle 11i, SAP Module 3.1i, ADP(DOS), ADP/PC Payroll, Ceridian, CSS HRizon, HRI Payroll Systems, MSA, ScorPeo, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Lotus 123, KBACE KUBE Manager 4.0, and Oracle MetaLink.
Computer Science Corporation (CSC), Essex, Maryland May 2009 to Present
- Hired to serve as the subject matter expert during the implementation stage of the WMSS Payroll and Time Management systems for the 2010 United States Census initiative; both of which were built from the ground up and successfully launched on time and with minimal issues.
- Retained to oversee the payroll of approximately $1.7 million for 2800 full and part time SCA (Service Contract Act) employees contracted to provide operational support to the Census in the Baltimore region.
- Hired and trained four payroll technicians.
- Developed a thorough knowledge of the entire WMSS process including HRIS and operational activities and responsibilities.
- Participated in the analysis, design and testing of ADP Enterprise eTime and ADP PayForce systems configurations.
- Established payroll processes and controls for 16 vendors that were compliant with CSC corporate standards and protocols and successfully processed each with less than a 1% error rate.
- Verified Payroll and Time & Labor rules were set-up correctly in the applications and were in compliance with Corporate policies and guidelines.
- Reviewed submitted time for reasonableness; unapproved time to ensure approval was submitted on schedule.
- Assisted Operations with questions concerning Time & Labor; resolved inaccurate information.
- Reviewed exception reports for time submitted to verify hours and rules were accurate.
- Reviewed Time & Labor interfaces to ensure successful transmission of files.
- Coordinated all payroll adjustments through Enterprise eTime and PayForce systems.
- Evaluated and documented processing procedures to ensure employees received proper training; maintained internal controls; revised or implemented new controls as necessary.
- Supervised expeditious resolutions of internal/external inquiries to assure courteous and efficient responses.
- Generated and/or prepared ad hoc reports to support other departments’ activities.
Bae Systems Applied Technologies, Rockville, Maryland March 2005 – March 2009
Payroll Analyst III
- Managed $3 million payroll. Responsible for the weekly/bi-weekly process of 3200 employees.
- Directed six Client Payroll Coordinators in multiple states.
- Administered over 3700 wage attachments.
- Maintained data integrity for third-party relocation vendor.
- Served as the primary resource for clients with special ‘ad-hoc’ report requests.
- Effectively interacted with all levels of the organization.
- Supported Accounting and Tax departments’ activities.
- Conducted upgrade and implementation tests and assisted with related evaluations.
- Performed a variety of more complex functional and analytical payroll-related duties.
Baltimore City Public School System, Baltimore, Maryland March 2003 – September 2004
Payroll Functional Analyst
- Participated in the analysis, design and testing of Oracle HRMS, including database conversion from Legacy HRMS; recommended changes to policies and procedures.
- Served as a functional team member with the implementation of 11i Oracle HR, Oracle Payroll, Oracle Time & Labor, and Oracle Advanced Benefits.
- Conducted inter-departmental training on specific activities and skills as needed by project.
- Provided support for system users in a help desk environment with problem diagnosis, logging, tracking, internal escalation and resolution.
- Served as the principal payroll resource to the Information Technology staff with the development of reports; used “end user” computer products (report generators, spreadsheet packages, etc.) to generate special reports.
- Maintained resource library on payroll related matters for use of the payroll staff.
- Troubleshooter of potential programming issues of Oracle HRMS design with PTO Testing.
- Conducted Oracle HRMS training to school system personnel; developed procedures and manuals for users.
- Provided functional assistance in developing and implementing 27 PTO leave plans using Oracle Advanced Benefits (OAB) to automate enrollment in each plan.
- Analyzed test scripts to simulate OAB and Oracle Payroll scenarios; documented, researched, and resolved testing scenarios; recommended procedural changes as necessary.
Intraforce, Arbutus, Maryland April 2002 – March 2003
Team Leader / Conversion Account Manager
- Managed weekly/bi-weekly/semi-monthly, monthly/quarterly payroll process for 140+ clients.
- Audited and processed employee benefits, third party reporting, and wage attachments.
- Provided HR solutions in areas of payroll, benefits, risk management, worker’s compensation.
- Led team to provide quality customer service with efficiency and professionalism.
- Supported team growth and development through training and positive feedback; evaluated team regularly to monitor development, process improvement and morale.
- Led and facilitated interviewing process of new hires for team.
- Trained new clients on most effective use of online HRIS.
- Liaised regularly with clients to promote retentive relationships.
Millennium Chemicals, Hunt Valley, Maryland January 2000 – December 2001
- Performed processing/post-processing for national/international payrolls of up to 1000 employees.
- Managed staff of Human Resources Professionals.
- Participated as a functional team member with the implementation of SAP 3.1i
- Assisted and participated in the HR interviewing process.
- Maintained General Ledger integrity. Payroll Coordinator, September 1998 – December 1999
- Processed payrolls similar to above; reconciled and funded net payroll and taxes; monitored benefit deductions and coordinated any adjustments with Benefits.
- Prepared and processed third party vendor payments.
- Trained novice Site Representatives on new payroll processes.
Bachelor of Science Degree Candidate, Information Systems Management
University of Maryland, Adelphi, Maryland
CPP Certification (Certified Payroll Professional)