Westchester Community College, Valhalla, NY
Bachelors in Accounting
Various Contract Assignments, New York, NY (May 2007 to November 2010)
Payroll/Bookkeeper/Accounts Payable Clerk/Accountant Assistant
- Computes, posts or compiles data; keeps general ledgers and controlling accounts or subsidiary records; balances or adjust accounts; takes trial balances; makes journal entries; writes statements or bills.
- Responsible for the preparation of payroll and related personnel matters; makes reports to various organizations, including medical benefits; responsible for the processing and distribution of check-off monies received from the City of NY and other public employers via ADP.
- Prepares payroll tax returns. Prepares and makes bank deposits. Prepares complex and difficult bank reconciliations.
- Full cycle A/P, from prep to processing(matching, batching, coding) to cutting checks to be signed by Controller, as well as vendor/customer inquiries via email and telephone and fax.
- Obtained approvals from Project Managers and such for invoice payment.
- Necessary journal entry postings daily. Posting and closing of accounts into general ledger monthly.
- Successfully creating monthly and quarterly reports such as Balance Sheet, Income Statements, and Cash flow Statements, Aging Details and Statements. Assist in quarterly reporting.
- Compiled reports including Period Reconciliations and SOX compliance. Daily control reports and analyzing data for balance, various special projects for analysts and accounting team.
- Excellent attn to detail, mathematical skills, estimating skills, strong excel spreadsheet applications for processing daily warehouse activity(pivot tables) for billing purposes; working closely with the logistics team to compile daily reports, customer audits, etc.
- Admin duties including maintaining a multiline phone system, Front gate clearance, maintain/review logs for packing list, Fed Ex and UPS(outbound and inbound), mail etc.
- Proficient in Ms word, Excel, Outlook software.
- Apply cash and credit to respective accounts. Bank runs/deposits.
- Determine whether to release orders or not depending on status of customers account, their balance, credit line, payment history, etc.
- Responsible for collections on past due accounts.
- Make sales adjustments and write off corrections to sales accounts.
- Set up new vendors for transactions.
- Process and audit travel and expense reports.
Epstein, Mahon, And Dellajacono, Elmsford, NY (January 2003 to May 2007)
- Various duties including answering a multi-line phone system, filing, mailing via Fed Ex, Ups tracking systems as well as US Postal Service.
- Greet and obtain information from clients.
- Adjust or creating letters, forms, policies, etc.
- Data entry usually consisting of processing cases, client information and bookkeeping, including journal entries, Posting to and reconciling the general ledger, bank reconciliations, A/R, A/P, payroll via QuickBooks and ADP.
- Prepared presentations for meetings via PowerPoint, including graphs, charts, animations, and other necessary data.
- Placed orders for office supplies, refreshments, etc.
- Maintained schedules, appointments, conferences, travel arrangements and accommodations for the attorneys.
- Assist attorneys with any and all day-to-day tasks.
ORTHONET, White Plains, NY (July 2004 to August 2005)
Data Entry Clerk
- Processed insurance invoices and claims for Cigna, Empire, Aetna and Medicare.
- Obtained patient benefit information via TLC program.
- Entered and modified ICD-9 diagnosis codes, provider and patient ids through Oracle Applications as well as Libertynet and SAP database software.
- Called patients, physicians, and hospitals to obtain necessary information.
- Handled inquiry calls from patients and physicians.
Forsyth Furniture, Atlanta, GA (January 1999 to February 2002)
- Processed invoices for customers, Purchase orders for vendors.
- Maintained daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports and logs of company activity.
- Post all company credits and debits to respective accounts. Reconciling of the general ledger.
- Assisting Controller with month-end and year-end closings.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Made daily cash and check deposits to bank.
- Processed payroll for all hourly employees. Accounts Rec/Accounts Payable.
- Charge backs and pricing variances.